Love our Chocolate? Why not find out how we make it!
We run fun filled, hands-on classes at our store on Featherston Street, Wellington. Chocolate-making is great idea for team building exercises, parties or just getting together with your friends. Open classes for individuals are also available. More about OPEN classes for individuals see below.
Classes are presented by Jiri Havlik, better known as George. You will learn the secrets of tempering chocolate and truffle making. At the end of the class you'll finish six of these delectable treats yourself and take them home. You'll also receive step by step instruction booklet so you can make them at home.
OPEN Classes for Individuals - Times --- Minimum of 6 up to 10 pax ---
- Saturday December 8th 2018 ........5:30 pm to 7:30 ish pm - OPEN for Bookings
- No Open Classes in JANUARY 2019
- Saturday February 9th 2019 ..........5:30 pm to 7:30 ish pm - OPEN for Bookings
- Saturday March 9th 2019 ..............5:30 pm to 7:30 ish pm - OPEN for Bookings
- Saturday April 13th 2019 ...............5:30 pm to 7:30 ish pm - OPEN for Bookings
- For more information on OPEN Classes for individuals please see below
Private Classes for Small Groups Minimum of 6 up to 10 pax
- Saturday - 5:30 pm to 7:30 ish pm
- Sunday - 4:30 pm to 6.30 ish pm
Private Classes for Large Groups Minimum of 12 pax
- Monday to Friday between 10:00 am and 4.00 pm finish
- Please note these classes must be held off-site for detailed information see below
- 109 Featherston Street , Wellington CBD or elsewhere for larger groups
- $65.00 per person
In order for classes to go ahead the minimum charge is
- $390.00 for classes at Featherston Street
- $780.00 for Larger groups classes held elsewhere
Payment for smaller groups and individuals:
- Open Classes for Individuals ($65.00 pp) must be paid at the time of booking.
- Saturday and Sunday Classes for smaller groups must be fully paid two (2) weeks prior to the class.
- Full payment confirms your place
- No refunds will be given if you simply change your mind.
What to bring?
- An Apron
- Comfortable shoes (you will be standing throughout this class for up to 2 hours)
- Don't forget your camera so you can share your experience with your friends
To make a Booking:
- Please call (04) 499 79 13
How many people?
- Featherston Street Store can have maximum of 10 people in the class
- Elsewhere for larger groups the minimum is 12 people and the maximum depend on the venue which you will have to organise yourself
- Generally 2 to 2.5 hours for small groups up to 10 people.
- And up 3 hours for larger groups.
More on OPEN Classes for individuals:
If you can't organise a group yourself, or join one of our Open Classes held once a month. We still need a minimum number of 6 people to run the OPEN class. For times and dates see above. We will confirm with you via e-mail one week prior to the class if the class will go ahead. To secure your place at the OPEN Class payment in full must be received. If we cannot get enough people (6) the OPEN class will not go ahead. In that case we will refund your fee in full or rebook you for next date if you wish.
More on Private Classes for Large Groups held elsewhere:
Do you have more than the maximum people for Featherston Street Store? Don’t worry we have a solution. You will need you to organise minimum of 12 people (Minimum charge applies see above – Cost).
What else do we need?
The class can be at your home, Office or elsewhere. You are responsible for organising the venue.Standard electric plug near to where the class is going to be held. Air-conditioned room. If air-conditioning is a problem try to choose a room which is the coolest (max 20C). If 20C is a problem, don’t worry, we will make it work.
Tables for participants-(1 table of approximately 1.5 meters long per every 6 to 8 people)
Access to cold water.
It would be much appreciated if you could organise 1 car park for the van. The class can take over 3 hours including set up and pack up. As the limit on street in Wellington is 2 hours it creates a problem.
Set up time:
We need 30 minutes to set up and about 30 minutes to pack up.
50% of the fee two weeks before the class and the remaining 50% two weeks after.